At Software for Good, we bring people and technology together to solve complex global issues like climate change, housing, healthcare, human rights, renewable energy and education. And we are recruiting!
We are looking for new skills and perspectives to add to our team.
Software for Good is a fully remote digital agency founded in Minneapolis, and we develop web and mobile applications for clients including social enterprises, nonprofits, startups, and educational and government entities. We are looking for a full-service Software Engineer who is eager to create inclusive and ethical technology that has a positive social impact. The ideal candidate is a curious collaborator who is ready to learn and experiment with new technologies and who is attentive to the impact of technology and the biases of the people who create it.
Software for Good is an Equal Opportunity Employer and we welcome people from all communities and identities. We strive to include people from under-represented backgrounds and would love to know what specific talents and perspectives you could bring to our team and our work.
We’re looking for a developer with next-level experience with a full stack who is motivated to collaborate on mission-driven software.
The ideal member of our team is adept at communicating with clients and colleagues and is determined to create great software.
Applicants must have more than 5 years of experience in one or more of the following stacks: Ruby on Rails, Python / Flask, Node.js / Express or React.
Ideally, you would also have experience – or opinions on – some of the other technologies and tools that we use, although we are always open to new ideas.
• Front-end frameworks: React, Angular or similar
• Design models, architecture and deployment models
• Development strategies: behavior-driven development, test-driven development, agile workflows, version control
• Continuous integration and continuous delivery
• Databases: MySQL, Postgres, Mongo, Redis
• Events and messages: Lapin, Kafka, Resque, Sidekiq
• Automation / DevOps: Ansible, Capistrano
• Server infrastructure: AWS, Azure, Heroku, Docker, Linux
• Headless CMS: Strapi, Netlify or similar
We are also open to working with long term entrepreneurs who have relevant experience but are not looking for full time employment.
Note: For payment and tax reasons, employees must be based and licensed to work in the United States.
Wondering if Software for Good is right for you? We believe we have a lot to offer:
• The chance to work on engaging projects that you can feel good about
• A fully remote team open to working with employees beyond our home base in Minneapolis
• Flexible schedule with standard core team hours and the ability to work when you are most productive
• 40 hour work week (for real)
• Unlimited PTO, which you will be encouraged to take
• 401k and correspondence
• Medical and dental coverage for you and your family
• Family-friendly policies, including fully paid parental leave
• Education and training budget
• Home office installation budget (including provision of devices to meet user needs and preferences)
• Bonus potential depending on the performance of the company
• A bunch of other great work / home perks that don’t fit perfectly in a bulleted list
The values of the Software for Good company are:
• Open and honest communication
• Hold ourselves and others accountable for high integrity work
• High quality of life for employees
• Social justice and inclusion
Salary range: from $ 110,000
Does this sound like a good fit? We would love to hear from you! Email us at [email protected] with:
• Your CV
• Some information about yourself and your interest in the position
• The sooner you could start working